Monthly reading review – April 2015
This April I have read:
Pale Demon The Hollows: Book 9 by Kim Harrison ★★★★★
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee ★★
That Scandalous Summer Rules for the Reckless: Book 1 by Meredith Duran ★★★★
Gerard’s Beauty Kingdom Series (Hall): Book 2 by Marie Hall ★★
1. How many books you’ve read last month? Are you happy with the amount you read?
I managed to kill my happy reading by getting myself into 3 reading groups…This resulted in having read only 4 books for the whole month. I might have to rethink this and let something go.
2. What was the book that made a best reading for you last month? Any scenes or character that made a lasting impression?
I would have to go with Pale Demon by Kim Harrison. I’m allways happy to go back to this series. Again love All ❤
3. Were there any not so good books for you last month? What made it hard or not enjoyable to read?
Oh boy! From measly 4 books two were below my expectations. First there was To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, I read it as a book club assignment. We had a vivid debate on the topic of Atticus and his parenting methods. I just couldn’t get into this book. It reminded me of Mark Twain and his works which I never liked. The whole racial issues are something I don’t understand. Sure I grew up in a country that has seen violence and intolerance – every few decades around here there is a war – the reasons may vary from religion to politics or sheer ignorance. Yet in all those times in the book where people were considered less for the color of their skin and the pliant response, the slow and disrespectfull marathon to gaining of equal rights that is still going on in some parts of USA; I’m sorry I just can’t say I liked this book.
4. How did the books you were reading last month fit in your reading plans if you had any?
The books that were not party of any book club assingments or challenges are the only ones that brought me joy. I need to rethink my priorities…
5. Any updates on the series you are reading or are you starting any new series?
Continued two book series and started only one! Still have a few book series I should try to finish…
6. Would you like to recommend any books or authors you’ve been reading this last month?
More happy books like silly romances and awesome urban fantasy series! I descovered how much less stressed I am when I read those kinds of books. I miss them! More historical romances for all!
General recommendation for The Hollows series by Kim Harrison!
Continuing reading for May:
Heart-Shaped Box Joe Hill
Reanimator by H.P. Lovecraft
The Tin Drum (Danzig Trilogy: Book 1) by Günter Grass