Monthly reading review – November 2015
This November I have read:
A Perfect Blood (The Hollows book 10) by Kim Harrison ★★★★
Dropsie Avenue (The Contract with God Trilogy book 3) by Will Eisner ★★★
The Great Gatsby by Scott F. Fitzgerald ★★★
The Plot: The Secret Story of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion by Will Eisner ★★★★
A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove book 1) by Tessa Dare ★★★★
Contes de Grimm by Marc Girard ★★★
The Warrior’s Apprentice (Miles Vorkosigan Saga book 3) by Lois McMaster Bujold ★★★
1. How many books you’ve read last month? Are you happy with the amount you read?
In November I’ve read only seven books. Lately I’ve been reading less than I wanted.
2. What was the best of all the books you’ve read in November? Any scenes or characters that made a lasting impression?
Finally finished A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison and it makes me wonder why it took me so long to do it since I enjoyed it as I enjoyed all the books in The Hollows series! I’m happy to report that I’ve read a great graphic novel by Will Eisner in November and also found a good historical romance series Spindle Cove by Tessa Dare.
3. Were there any not so good books for you last month? What made it hard or not enjoyable to read?
The not so good book I’m reading still and will be finishing in December is a Spindle Cove novella I’m not really enjoying Once Upon a Winter’s Eve (Spindle Cove book 1.5 ) by Tessa Dare. The only other not so good comment I have on the books I’ve read in November is that some of them could have been better.
4. How did the books you were reading last month fit in your reading plans if you had any?
Once again I’ve done all the required reading for the RL bookclub – The Great Gatsby and The Warrior’s Apprentice. For some reason I’ve stopped challenging myself in my personal reading. I wanted to put in some more books I already own but I missed out on it…
5. Any updates on the series you are reading or are you starting any new series?
Got The Hollows series up to date, discovered a new historical romance series Spindle Cove and continuing Miles Vorkosigan series that I’ve been meaning to do for a few years now!
6. Would you like to recommend any books or authors you’ve been reading this last month?
I’m still thinking and reevaluating the books I’ve finished this November. I expected more from some of them and will refrain from any recommendations. Instead I will just brag about the newest book I bought for my December reading!