Last month was busy and full of activity. I got lucky to visit a book fair Interliber in Zagreb and came back with a big pile of new books! For the first time the amount of books I bought in English can rival the amount of books I bought in Croatian!
Here is the list of books I’ve bought in November*:
1. The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4) by Rick Riordan, Robert Venditti
2. The Darkness: Darkness/ Batman & Darkness/ Superman 20th Anniversary Collection by Garth Ennis, Jeph Loeb, Ron Marz, Scott Lobdell, Marc Silvestri et all
4. Hellboy Vol 2 – Okovani kovčeg / Desnica Usuda by Mike Mignola
5. Batman – Prokleti by Brian Azzarello, Lee Bermejo
6. Marshall McLuhan: You Know Nothing of My Work! by Douglas Coupland (Croatian Edition)
7. Drugi svjetski rat – Memoari by Winston Churchill
8. MOR – Plodovi osvete by Josip Kralik
9. Tuđinac (Alien Movie Novelizations #1) by Alan Dean Foster
10. Edda by Snorri Sturluson
11. Saga, Vol. 7-9 by Brian K. Vaughan
12. The Fates Divide (Carve the Mark #2) by Veronica Roth
13. The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic (Grishaverse) by Leigh Bardugo
14. Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo
15. Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo
16. The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black
17. The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air #2) by Holly Black
*Picture is also showing one graphic novel I bought in October while attending the Essen Spiel 2019 and a set of two books I got as a present from a relative.
All the books in English I got.
All the books in English are fantasy genre. I decided to try out a new book series The Folk of the Air by Holly Black that caught my attention and got first two books. The only reason I did not get the third one is because the format of the book was bigger and I hate that on my bookshelves. Percy Jackson graphic novel Vol 4 was a lucky unexpected find that I’m very pleased about. I decided to fill up my Grishaverse books collection and got the three books in the picture. The Darkness graphic novel I read years ago and really loved it. This Anniversary edition looked too good to pass up.
Graphic novels I got in November.
I finally got the third volume of Saga in Croatian translation. Hellboy second volume in Croatian is actually made of English editions volumes 3 and 4. The Croatian editions by Naklada Fibra are all hardcovers that collect more volumes than the English editions and are quite heavy to carry around and read. The Batman The Damned I choose just to reach a certain price limit to get a free shirt from the publisher.
This November I got 9 books in Croatian! For me this is a lot. I prefer to read books in original English when possible. I make an exception for graphic novel editions usually but this time I got a little carried away.
While most of the books I bought were fiction, there were 4 non fiction as well. The only non fiction I usually buy are about books and reading. The Nobel Prize winning Winston Churchill book is actually a present for my boyfriend. And I just remembered I forgot to include one other book I got as a present for his mother in any of the pictures…
And to top it all off these are the books I will be reading all trough January. These are manuals for the course I am going on for a 3D Designer. again the picture is missing two more that I was using and left in my bag. This might put a damper on my reading plans for the next two months though